Sunday, April 17, 2005

bliss

No, not the heroine of the horrible cheesy romance novel used as bedtime reading/comic relief by the EMGs of GCC. My sheer joy at my beautiful future residence.

I took a few boxes of books over tonight, after coaxing Juanita to accompany me (she's a coworker at Ann Taylor and lives in my apartment community); I wasn't sure how the neighborhood is at night and I wanted a friend along. She came up the stairs and walked in and said, "This looks like an apartment that you'd live in. It's really cute and it has 'Sarah' written all over it."

Hooray! It has been confirmed.

And if a certain tiny newborn black kitten birthed in Deborah's barn doesn't die like the rest of its littermates, I will soon have a cat as well. (I really want this cat; please pray that it lives, for my own happiness, even if you hate all cats!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

when you live alone, hannah ... any sense of community is welcome.

and that's why i have sybil.

The Prufroquette said...

True dat! And I have to have SOMEone around to make it sound like I'm not talking to myself.

Anonymous said...

i used to know some people who owned a cougar.

The Prufroquette said...

i'm sure you did. and i mean that in no tongue-and-cheek way. if anyone would know someone who used to own a cougar, gare, it's you.

Mair said...

Owning big cats that are meant for the wild is extremely inhumane. And that's all I have to say about that.

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....