Saturday, April 02, 2005

This is my life.

Today I was carded at Wal-Mart while buying Underworld. The woman behind the checkout stared at my driver's license and said, "Whoa, you look way younger than your age." Which apparently means that when I walk into a place wearing no make-up I look seventeen. Anyway, it was an absurd episode but it made me happy. Looking young runs in my family, so hopefully I'll still be hearing that for years to come.

I also bought The Muppets Take Manhatten, which has an audio track in Portuguese. I can't wait to listen to it. It also has subtitles in Korean and Thai.

This morning the father of my manager-and-friend Ashleigh looked at my brakes, which have been squealing horribly for the past month. He cleaned a rotor and drove it a bit and said there's nothing wrong. And he's right; they're fine. This man is so much a dad; you can tell he loves his daughters and he said there's no reason why they can't add one more daughter to the family. So now I have the hook-ups for car issues and someone to look out for me so that some mechanic doesn't rip me off.

I'll post more on my job later. Right now I'm enjoying the only downtime I've had since last week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least people don't look at your ID and go..."Huh, I would have thought you were much older than that." I don't think people understand that THAT is NOT a compliment. It was fun when I was 18 and no one questioned me if I needed to pretend to be 21. HOWEVER, now at 23, I'm not really shooting to look like I'm 30. Not cool. NOT cool. Sigh....

The Prufroquette said...

Lol, yup, that sucks. Although yesterday the cashier at Wal-Mart let me buy Primal Fear without checking my ID, and I wasn't wearing make-up then. Perhaps the above cashier simply wasn't the brightest bulb. In Indiana, that's entirely possible.

By the way, is this former roommate Tiffi or Erika? I'm thinking Tiffi...

The Prufroquette said...

...and not because you look 30, of course; simply because of your diction. :)

The Prufroquette said...

Your informal diction, I mean.

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....