Tuesday, April 05, 2005

i am a kleenex

I love the kids at work. One of them, a nine-month-old boy with huge brown eyes and beautiful chocolate skin, is a drool king. He spends all day soaking wet; I don't know how he doesn't have a rash. But he is so darn cute I love to hold him anyway. (I very quickly got over any heebie jeebies regarding spit and boogers and poo.) This has the added benefit of dramatically reducing my Ann Taylor bill, since whatever I wear to work will inevitably be used throughout the course of the day to mop up the more harmless variety of bodily fluids.

So far I truly like my job. It has made me annoyingly happy. And it's springtime and the grass is rich and vibrant and the pricker bushes outside the window have little fuzzed-in strokes of green, and all in all I'm satisfied and thankful.

Now I just need an apartment. (Oh yes, please pray for that. I need an apartment within the month and a lot of things are too expensive.)

And thank you for the successful poll; I am grateful for all your advice and am not going to follow any of it. (Isn't that the way advice-giving works?) I was going to have Brandon Rockwell drive up from PA to be my boyfriend for the night (he'd be GREAT in the roll), but he has to work this weekend, so my bout of cruel immaturity will have to wait. Basically the party will suck no matter who is there, and if I hadn't gotten the e-mail from Wretched Tim I wouldn't have thought about going. And even a casual, noncommittal relationship to me means something more along the lines of contact once every other week or so. Two months doesn't cut it. Plus when it comes down to it, I don't really care to get to know someone I've epitheted "Wretched" anything. So, I'm not going to respond to his e-mail. It'll be like I never received it.

Sorry, everyone; the beautiful Chinese-American babies will have to descend trailing clouds of glory to someone else's womb.

Plus I don't really like the name Tim. And there's a cute guy who works at the used bookstore I've just discovered who might be worth investigating.

5 comments:

JMC said...

I, for one, think you made the right decision about the party, Sarah. I also think that you are doing the right thing by not getting into a relationship (even a casual one) with what sounds like an Asian Keanu Reeves. I am going to go out on a limb here, however, and suggest that you make out with him like Mair suggested in your opinion poll. For old time's sake or to further your project of broad enculturation or as a treat to celebrate your new job that you love so much, I think it would be a good idea. Don't answer now... just think about it. I know you will do the right thing (to be read: I know you will make out with him). Cheers!

The Prufroquette said...

Trust me, the day for a good make-out is coming. But not with an Asian Keanu Reeves (how right you are, you'll never know) who has --did I mention? -- crooked teeth.

JMC said...

Wow, I wish I would have known about the teeth before I made my suggestion. In light of that, I wouldn't touch him, the misshapen bastard...

The Prufroquette said...

You're...mocking me, aren't you.

JMC said...

wouldn't dream of it!

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....