Tuesday, April 12, 2005

happy happy happy

I love my apartment. I got the keys today, so that I can start moving my stuff in before I actually take up residence there.

It's half the upper floor of an old Victorian house, so there are windows facing two directions in every room but the bathroom. My kitchen, my living room, and my bedroom are all full of light. There are little quirks -- no sprayer in the kitchen sink, separate hot and cold faucets in the bathroom sink, a tub with clawed feet and a shower curtain that goes all the way around, no fan in the bathroom -- but it's charming and unique and the perfect size. (Ha, probably I'll be cursing all of those factors in a month or two, but for now the blush is still on the rose. What's a good way to ventilate an unventilated bathroom, though?)

Hm, I want some chocolate.

4 comments:

Mair said...

I've always wanted a tub with claw feet and a shower curtain that goes the whole way around. Our bathroom is fanless as well, and we ventilate it with the window (which happens to be IN the shower; makes shaving bad.)

Your apartment sounds charming and I hope you love it!

Music Trades said...

Oh my goodness... you got an apartment like that for under $500? I adore Victorians. I lived in one until I moved out. (Wow, was that an apparently mindless statement or what?) I'm so happy for you, and yet so very jealous. I need to move. Today.

Jeff H said...

Perhaps, some Chocolate Lucky Charms?

http://nellsharvey.blogspot.com/2005/04/c-of-clcs.html

Janette said...

I've lived in that apartment! Well an apartment like that in Florida. I loved it!

The bathroom thing is solved with a small fan that you can mount on the wall. You'll get used to the bathroom sink (put the stopper in and fill it with warm water), you'll wonder later why you don't STILL have a shower curtain that goes all the way around. You'll never again have such a fantastic tub for baths so enjoy it!

Congratulations! Don't focus for the things you don't like focus on the things that you love!

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....