Friday, April 22, 2005

goings and comings

I turned off my computer this morning so that I wouldn't waste time on it this afternoon between jobs, which I forgot I did until I came home and drifted toward the screen and saw it blank. I know myself well.

I also turned the computer back on. Knowing myself is futile.

M and I went to the Fiddler's Hearth yesterday to view the Waiter Who Walks Into Things Who May Also Be One of the Part-Owners. He bumbled around making useless laps around the small dining space to wait on the table next to us that he could easily have reached from where he'd been standing before, about three feet away from it. But no, he circled the entire dining area so he could drop a "Hello" to Marianne (or us; it was hard to tell...but she was the one staring at him at a different bar earlier in the week) without looking at us.

M and I were having such a good time laughing and being noisy that the old couple next to us leaned over and, grinning, asked what was in our glasses so they could have some too. Sheepishly we swirled the ice at the bottoms and said, "Water..." (Which was true.) Hooray for bringing joy and sunshine to strangers.

The Cute Bank Teller was there today when I went to drop off my (first! yayyy!) paycheck; but he was busy assisting someone else, so even though he looked up when I came in, I was helped by one of the nice ladies. Which was just as well; I wasn't wearing makeup. But the Cute Bank Teller is cute.

...And there's nothing much new to report. I'll be busting some tail tomorrow moving out more of my junk, since I have the entire day off, and even though it's supposed to snow (sometimes I'd swear I never left Erie except the land is flat here and the people slower in more ways than one) I expect to get a lot done.

And (insert Hallelujah Chorus here) my parents will be coming to help me move after all!!!

No comments:

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....