Thursday, March 31, 2005

A brief and strictly factual update on my life

I have a new job. I started this morning. I am making much more now than I was a week ago. I like the children. I put in my two-weeks' notice at Gymboree. I am happy.

I have to juggle two intense schedules this and next week, pulling at least three fourteen-hour days and no less than two additional ten-hour days. I am stressed.

I learned this afternoon from my father that Terry Schiavo died. I spent the rest of the day crying. I am angry. I am frightened. I am sad.

3 comments:

Music Trades said...

Sarah, congratulations - how brilliant! On a side note, you've reaffirmed my status as a lazy slob. The amount of time I spend actually working each week (not blogging, emailing, chatting, reading or staring into space while at work) could easily be squeezed into one of your workdays. (And somehow I'm not thrilled about this. Idleness is one of the world's most insidious evils.)

About Terri Schiavo... I'm long overdue for an entry about her on my own blog. For now let's just say that I couldn't agree more.

E.A.P said...

Congrats, darling! I was praying for that. Hopefully this will give you more fulfillment and a smidge more money than the previous, tiring arrangment. Good luck! :-D

JMC said...

Congrats on the job, Sarah! I am all about your blog - helps me keep up even though we haven't talked for a while. As for Mrs. Schiavo, I would love to hear from you about her. I am confused about the controversy over her (not seeing anything unusual, immoral, unethical, illegal, etc. about it), but know that it has upset everyone and their brother to no end. So, I just wanted to know your take on it, your response to her death, your feelings about her family's legal claims, etc. All the best luck with your crazy schedule.

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....