Tuesday, March 08, 2005

accent and all

Our stock woman at Ann Taylor is a tiny round little Russian woman with short hair always dyed a new violent color. However long she has been in the States, her English is limited and she's always angry about something. She's really quite scary and whenever she starts talking to me, I open my eyes wide and focus very hard on what she says. Miscommunication is a given but it's better to get it wrong only two or three times as opposed to never getting it right at all.

Our managers love to tease her by giving her more work. At least once a day she tells one of them, in an accent straight from James Bond, "I kill you now." (Her favorite running joke, only you always wonder if she might be serious this time.)

Every time I hear it I start giggling and have to run from the room lest she kill me too. It's all so beautifully cliche.

1 comment:

lvs said...

I would LOVE to see a video of your life. Oh wait, your blog is almost as good. :-)

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....