Saturday, March 19, 2005

perception is everything

So in honor of Vera's birthday, our coworker Jolly brought a store bought pie to Ann Taylor for the girls to eat in the back. As I rushed by it to clock in, the aroma hit me and I thought, "Mm, peach pie! Jolly's a genius! I love peach pie!"

So I had a piece. It was quite good peach pie.

Until Deborah mentioned the apple pie I could help myself to in the back. Then I realized that it was indeed apple. Then it just tasted like generic Bon Apetite canned fruit filling.

1 comment:

Mair said...

Mmm..peach pie. ;O) I would have been just as dissppointed to find that it was just plain apple. Ick - and the Bon Apitite filling, so disgusting. I can't believe we survived four years of that mush they called food.

On our honeymoon in New Orleans, we frequented this little restaraunt called The Gumbo Shop. If you are ever in the French Quarter, you MUST go. Anyway, before we left, we bought the Gumbo Shop Cookbook and there is a great, easy recipie for Southern Pecan Pie. I've made it one too many times since returning, both as a way to endear myself to my Father-in-Law forever, and because I love it so darn much. So incredibly yummy...I crave it at strange times, and luckily, do not have all the ingredients on hand, or else I'd make one a week! ha! That wouldn't be good for my husbands weight loss plan (which he's doing well on!) So, I must be supportive, and sacrifice making pies. Ah well.

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....