Friday, March 18, 2005

p.s.

I am in ecstasy over the two pairs of cardinals that lighted on the railing of my porch while I typed the last entry. They perched with that rippling tension under their skin, that wild beady brightness in their eyes, looking at each other, ready to spurt into the air, and they were gorgeous. While they poised against the wind that pushed them, a finch hopped along the porch boards harvesting shreds of needle and tree leftover from the Christmas pine. The woods beyond them are brown and yellow with scattered patches of day-old snow and against that backdrop it was altogether picturesque.

4 comments:

Mair said...

Sounds lovely...I was equally thrilled this morning when I woke up and saw the sun shining in my bathroom window, and my cat sprawled out on the white bathroom floor. (We leave the window open at night and Moses likes the coolness of the floor). He looked so pretty and the sun was beautiful.

Anonymous said...

well, i wouldn't go so far as to say that i'm going to *teach* at hannah's school ...

but i would say that i'm going to *apply* to teach at Montrose.

in fact, i'm sending my resume today.

Anonymous said...

Sar, I'd like to talk with you (it's been for-EVER) ...

Have you a phone number?

Call me 2 0 8 . 5 8 2 . 0 3 5 4

lvs said...

There's still snow there? How odd. But cardinals are lovely.

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....