Friday, March 11, 2005

life is beautiful

So I got two -- not one -- two messages from none other than the amazing Allen Edwards today. It made my day. Especially when I checked my voicemail from the Ann Taylor phone, as my cell was off and charging. I grinned when I heard that beloved voice saying "I miss you" -- so broadly my cheeks hurt.

Tried calling him back, but apparently an off phone doesn't kick in the caller ID, so I tried the GCC switchboard but his roommates didn't know his number, then tried the Gee, but no luck. (I'm not nearly as good as G-woman at stalking.) So I zipped him an e-mail, and then suddenly he called me back.

And I got to talk to a whole bunch of my beautiful Grover friends while they celebrated a successful production of Much Ado about Nothing at King's.

It seems Allen and Neil both thanked me in the program for introducing them to theater. God, I miss Grove City. (Save me a program, guys.)

What am I doing so far from Pennsylvania?

Not to be too morose...I like my life. But I don't love it. I've learned and grown so much, but I'll be glad when this phase comes to a close.

Looks like it's going to be grad school or teaching, Lord willing. (Can I just hear back from Notre Dame? I don't even care what the answer is anymore. But so many questions -- where I'm going to live, what kind of job I'm going to have -- depend on what I hear from the university.)

I'm calling them Monday to see when I'm getting an answer.

2 comments:

Yax said...

IM me your mailing address and I'll send you a copy of the program, if you'd like.

lvs said...

I feel every word. We're both too far away and missing an incredible weekend of theatre. The days will, in fact, get better.

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....