Monday, March 28, 2005

Taut between two lines

Still no word on the job front; I hear Tuesday or Wednesday.

So tonight I was heating milk on the stove to make yogurt while I talked with Hillori on the cell phone. Beads of sweat dripped down the sides of the saucepan and hissed onto the gas flame, so I lifted the pot to wipe the bottom with a towel. Still talking, I set the pan down and noticed that the towel had caught on fire. Without missing a beat in my sentence, I blew the towel out, checked the damage, found it minimal, shrugged, and kept on talking.

I don't panic about the weirdest things.

4 comments:

Stacy said...

It's a gift given by the All Mighty to women exclusively. You'll use this gift later on in your life with children. It's quite entertaining at times.

Mair said...

I can see it all unfolding in my head - so typically Sarah. I had no idea that you can make yogurt. Somehow I don't like it as much now that I know it has something to do with warm milk (which is just about the most repulsive thing I can imagine).

Mair said...

I just had to tell you...last night, Josh and I were making breakfast for dinner. I was cooking bacon. Well, you know how bacon does that exploding in the pan trick...yeah, it exploded and managed to land a huge dollop of sizzling bacon grease right on the 1/2 inch on exposed skin between my shirt and my jeans. So, I now have a lovely bacon grease burn right about where my hip meets my abdomen. I didn't panic, I just went "Ow!!!" Josh freaked and started wiping me down with the dishrag. haha. It's seriously a tiny burn, but when telling a friend this story today, she refused to believe that I was NOT cooking naked. I can't even imagine the injuries that could result from that...

Marianne said...

Hey roommate! This your roommate, and looking at your blog, I have no IDEA what is going on in your life! Did you get this job? Are you looking at apartments? Do you still work at Gymboree and Ann Taylor? I'm SO lost and your blog gives no clues...I sure wish would update it. By the way, what do you want me to do with this burned dishrag I found behind the potatoes in the pantry?

The Year of More and Less

Life continues apace. I like being in my late thirties. I have my shit roughly together. I'm more secure and confident in who I am....